A Year In Food

From New York to Costa Rica to Europe to California: 365 Days of Dining Out

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Mar. 20.


Babbo and Beet Salad

Mint Love Letters and Black Spaghetti

Beef Cheek Ravioli and Five Cheese Tasting

Yogurt Cheesecake and Hazelnut Cake

Dinner
-

Babbo
- 110 Waverly Pl., West Village
Chickpea Bruschetta (complimentary); Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary; Roasted Beet Salad with Ricotta Salata; Pumpkin "Lune" with Sage and Amaretti; Mint Love Letters with Spicy Lamb Sausage; Black Spaghetti with Rock Shrimp, Chorizo and Black Chilis; Goat Cheese Tortelloni with Dried Orange and Fennel Pollen; Beef Cheek Ravioli with Squab Liver and Black Truffles; Five Cheese Tasting (Robiola Cravanzina, Coach Farm’s Finest, Taleggio Latte Crudo, Gorgonzola Piccante, Parmigiano Reggiano); Chocolate Hazelnut Cake with Orange Sauce and Hazelnut Gelato; Yogurt Cheesecake with Lemon Cream and Black Currant Jam; "Bomboloni Fiorentini" (warm Tuscan doughnuts); a glass of Prosecco sparkling wine; four glasses of white wine; two glasses of red wine; a grappa tasting; a cappucino
$144
10/10

3 Comments:

Anonymous Roma said...

I came across your blog by Chowhound way and I like your site, especially the photos of your friend who lost the bet! I used to live in the East Village back in the 80's. I miss it a lot!! I'm coming down in April, what's the best and most interesting restaurant in the E.V.?? Thanks!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Lonesome Hero said...

Some of my favorite under $25 options: Itzocan Cafe, Una Pizza Napoletana, Russ & Daughter's, Katz's, Hummus Place

Some of my favorite over $25: Mercadito, Kasadela, Cacio e Pepe

You can get many of these menus at menupages.com and many of them are also written up on this blog.

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Roma said...

Thanks and I'll make my list,check menupages and hopefully get to some of them. I liked the Afgan restaurant on St. Marks and will check it out again.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home