A Year In Food

From New York to Costa Rica to Europe to California: 365 Days of Dining Out

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Apr. 13.



Dinner
-

Shimizu Sushi - 318 W. 51st St., Hell's Kitchen
Miso soup; Seasonal Chefs' Choice Sushi Platter (Negitoro maki (fatty tuna with scallions roll), Anago with sudachi shavings (sea eel with yellow citrus fruit), Uni (sea urchin), Giant Clam, Kanpachi (a kind of yellowtail), Ama ebi (sweet shrimp), Chutoro (marbled tuna belly), Red Snapper, King Salmon, Aji (jack mackerel), Fried Shrimp Head); O-toro (fatty tuna belly) sushi; Custard pudding; Sudachi shochu (Japanese liquor); Brown sugar shochu
$79
8/10

2 Comments:

Anonymous Roma said...

I'm totally spent from reading your critique of The Modern! As I was reading, for a second, I thought I was sitting across from you and enjoying the meal with you, especially during the cheese course. I really do wonder what you look like, not because you eat out so often, but because of your writing.
I was just in the city and ate at Cafe Boulud on 76th. My cousin invited me and I enjoyed the elaborate meal and service very much. Have you eaten there?
Roma

1:22 PM  
Blogger Lonesome Hero said...

Glad you enjoyed it. No, I've never been to Cafe Boulud, but I have been to Daniel, Daniel Boulud's more formal restaurant. I absolutely loved it. As for what I look like, I'm incredibly handsome and unbelievably modest, if that gives you an idea.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home